LGSM - Samos
Scenery of Samos International Airport [LGSM] in Greece. Compatible with Microsoft's Flight Simulator X, Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v3 and v4.
The most challenging approach in all of Greece! Are you ready to test your piloting skills?
Samos is the island airport with the most notorious landing approaches in Greece. It involves pure “stick n’ rudder” demanding hand-type of flying in between mountains, without navigation instruments guidance, moderate or higher turbulence due to terrain, the FIR border just on the airport’s pattern and tight turns short before lining up for last stage of final approach to land.
These are only a few of the reasons why we have decided that this challenging and interesting airport would be the perfect addition to our Greek island series following Mykonos and Skiathos.
Are you ready to test your piloting skills? Let the journey begin!
If you are looking for beautiful textures – Samos has them. Small objects scattered around the airport – plenty of them here. Nice terminal models – checked. Static aircraft, suitable for the location – checked. You can even choose the ones included. Animated people – many. Airport fence does not limit scenery’s coverage – surrounding towns reflect the unique character of a Greek island. All of that makes Samos a superb scenery. And an interesting airport!
- Scenery Installer Version
- Required Software
- Microsoft's Flight Simulator X (FSX) OR Microsoft's Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition OR Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v3 OR Prepar3D v4
- Optional Software
- .NET Framework 4.5 recommended
- Samos, Greece
- Coverage Area
- 90km² satellite imagery plus extensive landclass and mesh upgrade for the rest of the island
- Compatibility tested with FTX Global, VECTOR, FSGlobal Mesh, UTX, GRCoastlines
- Scenery Update Version
- Release Date